Saturday, March 28, 2015

by Arthur Bergeret

First of all I would to say thank you for those excursion, which was really interesting. We could discover place and things that we couldn’t see on our own.

I am in charge of the post about art and architecture. I am very interested in art that is why I have chosen this subject. It is very important for me. I think that art can transmit a strong message and gather people. And of course it allows knowledge and open-minded.
We discovered a white gallery of Columbia University. The subject was monochrome white.

I enjoyed the game of the two lights, different colors and different perception.
We met an interesting artist, really passionate about her job, which is instead a passion than a job.

I liked the work she did with light at the cloud gate, really beautiful and impressive.

Secondly we went to the cultural center; we saw a beautiful old building with mosaic. 
We met a nice guy who told his story, and I realized that ambition is really important. If you want something you can build it. But you have to work hard to realize your dream.
He built his business alone and succeeds with ambition. I think he is an example of entrepreneur with motivation. He told us that you need to have a good networking.

Finally we finished our journey by a visit of a luxury apartment at the 52nd floor. A crazy beautiful flat with an amazing view to the Lake Michigan and millennium park. 
We met a really nice woman with a particular career, first she wanted to become veterinary then chemist and finally real estate. She told us an important value, help people without expecting something back.

1 comment:

  1. Arthur, I'm delighted you enjoyed the excursions!

    You shared excellent perceptions, and I'd like to see you add precision to your posts.

    For example, remember that a good blog post has our 3 elements of words, photos, and links. Remember to get names and websites; you can find our guest speakers' names in the syllabus. These elements will help your readers feel that they were there with you. Plus, by mentioning the names and websites of our hosts, you not only maximize web search capability, but you also network with and thank our hosts, by giving them an extra link on the internet.

    ReplyDelete