Saturday, April 4, 2015

by Maxime Boccara

We begin the 03/23/2015 in The Paris Chicago Safari with The professor Beck. And on the second day we had the chance to get a trip in the art and the architecture of Chicago.

First about art the thing that inspired me the most is about the painting of Archibald. What inspire me first is the nature of his painting he paint what he want to. It'’ important because with his painting so powerful but calm at the same time he succeeded to be a major contributor of the Harlem renaissance. He shows to everybody what the daily life is, for him, in Harlem. Even if he never lived in New York that’s the most surprising.

Secondly I have learn a lot about the architecture of Chicago. I have learn that the skyscraper are originally from Chicago. And if the rock is used today it is from the Great Chicago Fire in 1871 which have burn a lot of the city. And the water tower and the pumping station were the only building to resist to it

For the art I have learn that Chicago is a great city for that. Artist can receive help from a lot of people like the government or from the university for example which is very different from France.

I have learn from our guest speaker that our networking need to be work as much as you speak with your friend. You need to remember them that you are a life. And if one day if you need something they are more willing to help you. In addition all the help you can haveis the best. That what change me from France, in France the society is not willing to help or be help.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Maxime,

    Chicago architecture is incredible, I haven't expect that in this city I have founded an architecture like that. Art has something mysterious and magic, because for a same painting, people don't have the same impression, this is really impressive.
    I just curious to know, what is your favorite part of this day ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charles
      how are you ?
      You know I have visited some place and I really like also the architecture in the south of Spain like in Grenada, it's a mix between the western style and the Arabic one. It's really impressive too
      My favorite part was when we visited the flat at 1,5 million dollars because real estate is somewhat important too for me

      Delete
  2. Hi Maxime,

    I love Chicago's architecture too. I didn't know that the skyscraper are originally from Chicago before your post. Chicago is a wonderful city with lot of history. All the city was rebuild on account of the fire. It's very different than France and that's why I'm very impressed! I agree with you when you said " we need remember them that you are a life ". I have a question for you, what is an other city do you love for it architecture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clara
    How are you?
    I really enjoy the architecture of New York too it's very Imposing because you have all this skyscrapers and a small green place at the middle.
    I also love the Arabic architecture like in Grenada
    But my preferred architecture is in Jerusalem because it’s a cross between a lot of great culture and the city reflect it. And you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maxime,
    I'm fine, thank you !
    I love Jerusalem too, when I was visiting this city, I was so impressed by the architecture and the people! It's is a wonderful city, we smell the history and it is one of the best city of the world!
    My favorite city for the architecture is Rome. I love this place, Lot of historical monuments and lot of history too !

    ReplyDelete